Friday, April 22, 2022

Evaluation Task 3

 




Codes & Conventions - I believe that my knowledge on thriller codes and conventions have improved because I have watched and studied a thriller film during the project, such as: The Silence of the Lambs (Demme, 1991).

 

Planning & Organisation - At the beginning of the project I had really bad organization , I had not planned any of my film times and a set timetable of when I wanted to shoot the film. As time went on I began to realize how close the deadline was for the project to be finished, so I had to get my act together. I organized the team together and made a set time for shooting and editing.

 

Camera Work - My camera work was not good at all at the beginning of the project. This was probably because I had never done film before and this was the first time I have actually shot something of my own with a high quality camera and equipment. As the days went on I learned to familiarize myself with the camera and its tools

 

Visual effects - I had a lot of experience with visual effects, this would be due to the fact that I love film editing and FX, so I had done this before whether it be through youtube videos or internal or external projects that I like to work on.

 

Editing - My editing is one of my strongest aspects, as I have been doing it for very long, I came into the project already knowing a lot about editing, and I came out knowing a lot more. This was through after effects and premiere pro which I had used for the, some of the editing challenges that I may have faced would have been trying to convert a Afte effects project into a premiere pro project. I overcame this buy reporting it as an mp4 then importing it after.

 

Creative confidence - I had a clear Idea of what I wanted my film to be about and what type of effects that were going to be used. This was changed when the peer feedback came in and I had to question if my film was really a thriller film. So I reconsidered the plan and it turned out to be better than before.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final film