Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Evaluation Task 4



Evaluation Task 4

Tool I used:

Hardware: Mac, Camera, microphone, tripod, lights, phones

For filming I used a black magic camera

For editing I used a PC with a 3070 graphics card

I used tripods

I used phones

I used a dolly

Programs I used:

After effects

Premiere pro

DaVinci

Celtx

Research

A lot of my research was done through inspiration of superheroes movies, with a main protagonist and a main villain, special effects which were heavily editing orientated. I use padlet to collect these Ideas, analyses them and then evaluate them

Planning


For my planning, the first thing I did was the script, which I made on the program Celtx, I then sent it to my teacher for feedback, which then I changed some of it. The next thing I did was my storyboard. I did this by drawing out the shots and scenes in my notebook. Both of these can be found in my blog. (script here) (storyboard here) After this I was ready to shoot. So I booked the black magic camera out for the weekend and shot the first half of my film. Which can be found (here). With my first half of my film done I was then ready to share my rough cut with the rest of the class. I showed my rough cut to the rest of the class, and the one underlying feedback I was given was, is this the start of a thriller film? This is when I had to rethink my whole planning process. Then I decided to change my film entirely. A few weeks later I filmed my new Idea and it turned out to be great.

Filming

I used the black magic camera because with the black magic camera they do not have a pre filter, so the film in shot in raw and then with the app da vinci you can add your own color grading, I did this because it gives me a lot more preference and choice when color grading my film. I had two days of filming. The first day we focused on the introduction of the opening. So that would be shots like Establishing shots and setting shots. We were lucky enough to start some of the fight scenes. During this first day of filming I the equipment we used was the black magic camera and a tripod. When it came to our second day of filming, I wanted to have a tracking shot during the fight scene, so I used a dolly for this, as well as the tripod and black magic camera.

One of the challenges that I faced when filming was that the black magic camera that we used did not have any batteries in them as we had borrowed it from the film block. So my friend Vedaant who had booked out the black magic camera had to go home and get his batteries. This was very time wasting as the rest of us had to wait for him to come back with the batteries.

We had to set up things like the tripods and the dolly track. For one of the unique shots we needed a hand held mount, so luckily with the camera we borrowed from the film block we already had a hand mount on the camera.

Post production

In the post production I used After effects for the speed scene in the first rough cut. In the film It was when the character was imagining him cleaning up his room in his head with superspeed. I achieved this by timeramping the clip and putting on a lot of motion blur on the scene. I used Premiere pro and Davinci to cut and edit the film, I used Da Vinci more to color grade the film, and premiere pro for the subtitles.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final film