Friday, April 22, 2022

Evaluation Task 2



During the planning of my film there were several different sources of information to try to establish what my target audience would be. From the research, I believe that my target audience would be young and mostly male.


Narrative

My narrative is presented through one main protagonist, one being engaged upon by another. Throughout the opening it is ambiguous as to what the conflict is about, it is also abstract in a way where the audience see’s what is going on in the main protagonist's head. Towards the end there is a macguffin portrayed in a bodily form, but it is not revealed to the audience where this person is from or why he is there. The main character is driven through self defense which is very action driven throughout a fight scene. This would appeal to my audience because it is so ambiguous it would put the audience on edge and they would want to find out what is happening more.


Exploring fears

Remember your research into why we find films scary? Use that theory.


We find films scary because either the main character is in danger or the audience feels themselves in danger.My audience will engage in my film because the fear for either of the characters are relevant to them. Excitation-transfer theory is definitely involved as the more dominant antagonist gets dominated at the end which shows the transfer in power. There is satisfaction in the antagonist being defeated.


Ideology


Justice is shown but not fully brought at the end. Revenge is not justified which leaves the audience on edge wanting for the revenge of the main character. Violence is necessary when self defense is involved, both characters are just trying to defend themselves from death. Binary opposites are shown through height and size between the main characters.



Representation

Who do you have in your film - what sort of characters?


The type of characters shown in my film are a vulnerable teenage boy who is scared but confident at the same time. The other character is a bully who is mean and does anything that he wants. My audience would relate to either of these characters as everyone has experienced first hand or second hand one of these characters, they might even be those characters themselves. My film takes place in this world, this would appeal to my audience as it is realistic.



Tone


The tone of my film is dramatic, I would describe my film as fast, action, quick and speed. This would appeal to my audience as because everything is happening so fast the audience are on edge when it becomes slow which shows contrast.


Style

What other content is your film like?


My film is a lot like the spiderman films with the main protagonist and a main protagonist. It is very action based with a lot of fight sequences.

How would it be distributed as a real media text?

My film would be a mainstream blockbuster due to the fact that it is a superhero like movie with a main protagonist. The movie contains a lot of fight scenes and fast cut edits which would appeal to a lot of the BFI mainstream audience. The release date would be at the start of summer, this would be because most people are on holidays where they have time to watch the movie, this would increase the amount of sales. I will release VOD just a few weeks after. I would do this because due to the recent pandemic, less people are more likely to go to the theaters so I would keep the movie alive by releasing it online.



Since my movie is a very mainstream blockbuster movie I would mean a major distributor to distribute my film, which already has a wide audience.

To market my film I would create a variety of sources including posters, websites and advertisements on all platforms, Especially TV. The trailer I would show would show off the visual effects of the movie as well as the characters. To give the audience an insight as to what the film is about. I would leave suspense in the trailer as well, with the main character asking a question at the end of the trailer like “where to?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final film